Saturday, December 8, 2012

Divorce

This week in class we have been talking a pretty sad topic if I say so myself, and that is Divorce.
Divorce did not peak until the 1970's when the "No Fault" divorce was passed in California. After it came as a law there it was a law everywhere and it tripled the Divorce rate.

Some things that I have learned while talking about this topic was that 70% of Americans, after two years of being divorced said they could have saved the marriage, but didn't.

Another thing that I learned is that 50% of all marriages DON'T end up in Divorce. It is actually said that 75% of people stay Happily Married.

Divorce is something that has effected many lives through the years. I know that it has effected my Husbands life when he watched it with his mother and father. It is always very hard on the children, and as I learned in class, children whose parents divorce have a higher chance of divorce also, but I don't believe that. Because like we talked about a few weeks ago, it is all in how you handle the crisis that hits your life. My Husband has a wonderful relationship with both his Mother and Father, and is also an amazing Husband. Together we have learned to discuss things as a couple and always make decisions together.

No comments:

Post a Comment